Here is a (old) global overview of the structure of trackers. The aim is to give to the developer a bird’s-eye view of objects relationship and underlying database structure.
Creating a new field¶
Here are important points to be checked while developing a new field. This applies also for new types of bind for list fields. Please note that some points may be irrelevant for some type of fields.
- Setup acceptance criteria in test suite
- Tracker Field Structure
- Specific properties?
- Field can be switch to another type (only sb/msb)
- Shared Fields
- Import/Export XML
- Field is duplicated on tracker inheritance (both tracker and project creation)
- Definition is NOT given through SOAP @deprecated
- Definition is given through REST (representations)
- Migrate field from TV3 (if not done)
- Does new field can be used for burndown?
- Can the field be required?
- What level of permissions this field supports?
- Export/import CSV
- What does ‘None’ mean for this field?
- Default value
- Field is involved in notifications
- New value is sent in notifications
- Diff of the field appears in changesets
- Get/create/update NOT through SOAP @deprecated
- New value is Copyed on Artifact copy
- New value can be used in semantic
- New value can be updated on masschanges
- On an artifact with artifact links, on creating directly a child the field can be used
- Field is searchable through criteria
- Field is displayed as a column in table
- Field is used to sort
- Field is used for aggregates
- Field is used to build charts
- Field is used to build cardwall
- Create/ edit modal
- Cardwall edit in place
- Card field in planning v2
- Card field in kanban + filter + highlight
- Does field can be directly updated in Cardwall
- Modal edit Release
- Modal add a Task
- User documentation is accurate